Recipe for Rosehip Oil Facial Moisturizer
(by Kayla Adams)
I was asked what I used on my skin to make it appear more fresh and to minimize the appearance of fine lines. I thought I would post this recipe to make your own Rosehip Oil Facial Moisturizer. Always, natural is best and if you make it yourself you know exactly what is in it! I love this blend because it sinks into your skin and feels luxurious!
- 1 tbsp beeswax
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- ¼ cup sweet almond oil
- 10 drops of vitamin E oil
- 2 tbsp Rosehip oil
- 7 drops Frankincense oil
- Use a glass double boiler. In the bottom pan, fill it half full with water. Ensure the bottom of the top pan does not touch the water in the pan below. In the top pan, mix the first 3 ingredients. Heat at medium to high heat.
- Keep stirring until the oils have melted and mixed together then remove from the heat, take the top pan off and set aside to cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes so the mixture begins to thicken but not solidify.
- Whisk the mixture until it is creamy and smooth.
- Use glass jars to store for best results.